- Rose-gold plated clip and push button (between 2 and 3 microns of gold)
- Brilliant white varnish on body, light and resistant aluminium body.
- Iconic “check stripes” pattern in brilliant pink varnish
- Goliath cartridge that can be used for up to 600 pages of A4
- Steel tip with a tungsten carbide rotating ball ensuring a clean, flawless line
- Refills available: giant Goliath cartridge, size M (blue, black, red, green), F (blue, black, red) and L (blue, black)
- Metal box decorated with “the eyes” pattern
- Check stripes model available in pink
Made in Switzerland.
The 849 Alexander Girard limited edition was born of the desire of Caran d’Ache, Vitra and Studio Girard to decorate the 849 with the joyous cult patterns dreamt up by Alexander Girard. This multi-talented creator revolutionised the history of 20th century design by leaving his colourful, graphic mark on everyday objects. With a keen interest in textures, patterns and folk art, Alexander Girard collected the writing instruments which enabled him to express his creativity.