The Esterbrook Pen Company, a true American Original, is rewriting its long success story in modern times with a fresh new pen collection based on a complete rebranding. Titled Estie, a kind of nick name for Esterbrook, is a tribute to the brand and its storied history. Short for Esterbrook, ͞Estie͟ also provides a feeling of 1930s nostalgia, when phrases like dingy, dizzy, doggy and brodie were commonplace. A time when fountain pens were an integral part of life and communication for most Americans.
Esterbook began manufacturing nibs in the US in the mid 1800s, but the 1930s were a period of importance, as they introduced their first interchangeable nib system in 1933. The interchangeable nibs gave the user many options for writing, whether in school, business, personal etc. Today, a similar system is reborn with the Estie and the specially engineered MV Nib Adaptor. The MV adaptor delivers a vintage nib experience with a modern shape Esterbrook pen.
Esterbrook Estie Honeycomb
As the waning days of summer give way to the changing season, we present our newest Estie, a tribute to the prismatic beauty of a light-filled Honeycomb.
Honey is as old as history itself. Used for more than 8000 years by ancient civilizations as a gift to the Gods, archaeologists excavating Egypt’s famous pyramids discovered tombs that contained still-edible 3000 year-old honey.
Bees also know the magic of crystallized honey, storing and using it for food as fall arrives and winter approaches.
The Estie Honeycomb is flecked with the colors of rich amber, golden sunsets, and is reminiscent of the rainbow of rustling leaves underfoot.
Join us in welcoming the fall with this newest addition to the Estie range.
- Comfortably balanced fountain pen in a complete range of points for the way you write
- Nib size/point size extra fine, fine, medium and broad – Specially manufactured in Germany by Jowo
- Blended and turned acrylic with a high polished finish
- Cushion cap closure provides a secondary seal to ensure a wet point
- Ink is filled by a cartridge of ink or a converter, which acts like a syringe to draw ink from a bottle
- Sleek palladium clip that provides a clean accent for the cap and slides easily to ones shirt pocket
- Weight: 24g overall
- Measurements: 5.9″ closed, 5″ open, 6.7″ posted
- JoWo #6 nib