The Esterbrook Pen Company, a true American Original, is rewriting its long success story in modern times with a fresh new pen collection based on a complete rebranding. Titled Estie, a kind of nick name for Esterbrook, is a tribute to the brand and its storied history. Short for Esterbrook, ͞Estie͟ also provides a feeling of 1930s nostalgia, when phrases like dingy, dizzy, doggy and brodie were commonplace. A time when fountain pens were an integral part of life and communication for most Americans.
Esterbook began manufacturing nibs in the US in the mid 1800s, but the 1930s were a period of importance, as they introduced their first interchangeable nib system in 1933. The interchangeable nibs gave the user many options for writing, whether in school, business, personal etc. Today, a similar system is reborn with the Estie and the specially engineered MV Nib Adaptor. The MV adaptor delivers a vintage nib experience with a modern shape Esterbrook pen.
The lilac blooms large with heavy wands of flowers that add abundant color to the landscape. They scent the air with trailing waves of lingering fragrance. Holding a sacred place in nature, the lilac is delicate and precious.
The lilac has been a part of mythology since the time of the Greeks’ reign. The Impressionists revered the lilac. It appears awash in color in the paintings of Claude Monet and Vincent Van Gogh and the poetry of Walt Whitman. It also holds a place in American history, known to be planted in the gardens of George Washington.
As the most expert of gardeners knows, fall is the most opportune time to plant lilacs. It allows them to be exposed to the winter chill which ensures they will bloom plentifully come spring.
As this season of planting arrives and the weather turns cold, we are pleased to introduce the newest Esterbrook, the Lilac Estie.
- Comfortably balanced fountain pen in a complete range of points for the way you write
- Nib size/point size extra fine, fine, medium and broad – Specially manufactured in Germany by Jowo
- Blended and turned acrylic with a high polished finish
- Cushion cap closure provides a secondary seal to ensure a wet point
- Ink is filled by a cartridge of ink or a converter, which acts like a syringe to draw ink from a bottle
- Sleek palladium clip that provides a clean accent for the cap and slides easily to ones shirt pocket
Weight: 24g overall
Measurements: 5.9″ closed, 5″ open, 6.7″ posted
JoWo #6 nib